According to an article dated May 25, 2016, in the Culpeper Times, an exchange “safe zone” has been created in Culpeper. You can read the article at this link: http://culpepertimes.com/2016/05/25/safe-trade-zone-created-at-culpeper-town-police-station/156735/
Last year, Culpeper County was awarded a $75,000 planning grant for rural broadband expansion from the State of Virginia. There is an online survey that the State of Virginia has set up to help determine the Internet needs of rural areas. That survey can be found at this link:
At this time, the editor of this newsletter is not certain if Culpeper County’s plans, but according to an article in the Culpeper Star-Exponent, dated December 11, 2015, Culpeper County Administrator Ernie Hoch said they would launch a planning effort for broadband expansion in Culpeper in the near future.
The Rappahannock Animal Welfare League, located in Amissville, VA (right next-door to Jeffersonton!) is having an electronic recycling fund-raising drive. Proceeds to benefit the Rappahannock Animal Welfare League. The following information about the drive was obtained from the RAWL’s Facebook page:
9am – 1pm on May 28th
Bring your old computers, cell phones & other electronic equipment to be recycled. RAWL receives funds, the electronic components are recycled, it all stays out of landfills & it’s tax-deductible! Everybody wins!
What we want:
Computers, Laptops & Computer Parts
Cell Phones, Cordless Phones, Home Phones
Fax Machines, Printers, Scanners, Copiers*
Game Consoles (Play Stations, Nintendo, Sega, X-box, etc)
Any internal or external wiring
DVD, VHS & Other Media Players
Radios, CD Players, MP3 Players, Car Stereos
All internal Computer Parts (Motherboards, Heat Sinks, Etc)
Keyboard & Mouse
Flat Screen Computer Monitors
What we can’t take:
CRT Monitors & TVs
Flat Screen TV’s
*All floor model copiers
Can’t make it on Saturday the 28th?
We’ll have a drop location at the shelter ONLY during shelter hours the week leading up to the event.
May 23 – 27, 7:30 AM – 1 PM, (Closed Wednesday)
For more information about RAWL, please visit their website at: http://www.rawldogs.org/home.html
Press Release From Culpeper County School Board:
(Culpeper, VA) – The School Board of Culpeper County via the Office of the Division Superintendent announces that as a result of their regularly scheduled meeting on May 9, 2016, action was taken on several administrative personnel recommendations which will become effective July 1, 2016. These personnel changes will not increase the number of administrative/management positions for Culpeper County Public Schools for FY17:
The appointment/transfer of Dr. Stacey Timmons from Executive Director of Human Resources to Executive Director of Operations;
The appointment/transfer of Mr. Doug Robson from Assistant Director of Maintenance to Interim Director of Maintenance;
The appointment/transfer of Mrs. Karie Lane from Curriculum Specialist (Federal Programs, Title I, Title III, and ESL Coordinator) to Director of Elementary Instruction; and,
The appointment/transfer of Mrs. Heather Atkinson from ESL Coach/Instructional Coordinator to Curriculum Specialist for ESL and ESL Professional Learning.
As a result of these personnel actions, the school division is seeking qualified applicants for the following administrative position with an effective start date July 1, 2016:
Director of Human Resources – Central Office
Press release provided by Culpeper County Schools:
· Friday, May 20, 2016 – Eastern View High School, Graduation Ceremony, Cyclone Stadium, 7:00 p.m.
· Saturday, May 21, 2016 – Culpeper County High School, Graduation Ceremony, Broman Field, Rain Location: CMS Gymnasium, 9:00 a.m.
· Monday, May 23, 2016 – Culpeper County School Board, Business/Work Session (Closed Session later in the agenda, if needed), School Board Office, 450 Radio Lane, 6:00 p.m.
· Wednesday, May 25, 2016 – Friday, May 27, 2016 – Early Dismissal: Elementary 1:00 p.m., Secondary 1:30 p.m.
· Friday, May 27, 2016 – Last Day of School for Students.
· Monday, May 30, 2016 – Memorial Day Holiday – No School for Staff.
· Tuesday, May 31, 2016 – Teacher Work Day.
· Thursday, June 2, 2016 – Culpeper County School Board, Administration Committee Meeting, School Board Office, 450 Radio Lane, 3:00 p.m.
· Friday, June 3, 2016 – VSBA School Law Conference, Charlottesville, VA.