Press release provided by Culpeper County Schools:
County winners to be announced May 11
The 2015-16 Culpeper County Public Schools Teacher and CCPS Classified Employee of the Year will be named at 6 p.m. on Monday, May 11th at the School Board Meeting held at Eastern View High School forum.
All ten public schools and the TRIER Program in Culpeper County selected a Teacher of the Year and Classified Employee of the Year. Classified Employees of the Year were also chosen from the maintenance and transportation departments and the central office.
The County Teacher of the Year will represent the school division in the 2015-16 Virginia Teacher of the Year competition. This annual program honors teachers who represent the best in teaching in the Commonwealth.
Selected as Teacher of the Year at each school are the following:
· Culpeper County High School Heidi Murphy
· Eastern View High School Sarah Fitzgerald
· Culpeper Middle School Denise Dodson
· Floyd T. Binns Middle School Heather Johnston
· TRIER Alternative Program Gwendolyn Michelle Edwards
· A.G. Richardson Elementary Kelly Simpson
· Emerald Hill Elementary Cynthia Rogers
· Farmington Elementary Keri Nicholson
· Pearl Sample Elementary Alyson Hokanson
· Sycamore Park Elementary Gretchen Hodgson
· Yowell Elementary School Patricia Ann Lucas
Selected as Classified Employee of the Year from each school and department are the following:
· Culpeper County High School Mark Dennis
· Eastern View High School Steven Carpenter
· Culpeper Middle School Yolanda Shanks
· Floyd T. Binns Middle School Gregory Martin
· TRIER Alternative Program Suzanne Bennett
· A.G. Richardson Elementary Nancy Sink
· Emerald Hill Elementary Jason Stanley
· Farmington Elementary Linda Gray
· Pearl Sample Elementary Susan Sublett
· Sycamore Park Elementary Rocky Minor
· Yowell Elementary School Jennifer Lewis
· Maintenance Lawrence Plaster
· Transportation Billy Dodson
· Central Office Patricia Settle
CCPS congratulates all those employees who were selected as Teacher of the Year and Classified Employee of the Year.